[FX.php List] Unable to activate FMSA WPE 8.0v4

Erik Andreas Cayré eac at gte.dk
Sun Jul 8 03:04:36 MDT 2007

Hi all,

I'm trying to set up a test environment with FMSA 8.0v4 for a large
migration project.
(Please read through to the end before answering, no joke)

My problem is getting the WPE to work on a specific machine:
Mac mini 1,42GHz with Mac OS Server 10.4.10
(FMS is on another machine and is working perfectly)

The install always runs fine and configuring starts off fine:
I have no problem setting up the Admin console.

No matter what I try, the Admin Console tells me the "Web Publishing
Engine is not responding"
I've checked install and other logs: no help.
I've checked config files: everythings appears ok AFAICT.

I've tried running the Console remotely as well as locally (http://
localhost/fmi/config/).

I've un- and reinstalled the Console and WPE, same result.
Checking for running processes tells me the WPE appears to be
running. Restarting it from the command line, as described in some
FMI manual appears to work, but doesn't change anything.
Restarting the machine also doesn't change anything.
I ran into the problem while on Mac OS X Server 10.4.8, and the
problem has persisted on this specific machine through 10.4.9 and
10.4.10 updates.

FMI support has so far been unable to suggest anything to solve this.

I'd rather not reinstall the whole server', because I have some other
stuff already configured and running on it.

Some days ago, in spite, I installed the Console and WPEon a
PowerBook G4 with Mac OS X client 10.4.10. It worked on first try!
So now I can test, but the PB is being 'reassigned', so it's only a
short term workaround.

I've heard this software can be a beast to set up. Any experiences
which might help?

---
Erik Andreas Cayré, IT Manager
Grafisk Trykcenter AS