[FX.php List] (slightly off-topic) advice needed for intuitivewayto sort categories and items within categories

Alex Gates alex at gandrpublishing.com
Thu Jan 4 12:45:18 MST 2007

Hi Joel-

Wow - I've seen the fmpro site before but I didn't realize how cool that
side bar actually is.
In my case, I need the sort order to go back into FMP - I'll have a
"sort order" field in my layout that I'll need to update when the user
chooses the sort order.

I'm putting together a system where 1 person is the "chairperson" of a
cookbook project and many others are submitting recipes for the cookbook
- It will be up to the chairperson to decide the order that the
categories appear in the cookbook and the order that each recipe appears
in each individual category.

This could be accomplished with a simple text field for the user to
enter a sort order number... but dragging and dropping seems more
intuitive.
I'm still struggling with this, so I'm open to any other suggestions...

Alex