[FX.php List] FMFindAny to pull two random records

Alex Gates alex at gandrpublishing.com
Mon Feb 19 10:45:59 MST 2007

Hi everyone-

I'd like to display two random records on the side of my page as a way
of having some dynamic content.  Each will consist of an image and also
some text to be used in a mouseover tooltip.

Is it advisable to use FMFindAny twice (two separate queries to the
database) in order to get two randomly returned sets?

I imagine that this method could theoretically return the same record
twice... but with 100 or so records in the database, it seems rather
unlikely... but I imagine it is still possible.

Does anyone have any experience with this or any advice?

Alex P. Gates