[FX.php List] dashboard widgets and fx.php

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Thu Feb 15 11:54:49 MST 2007

Carl,

Is your PHP query inside the widget itself? If so, it would make it a
non-distributable widget, essentially, since anyone could look at the
HTML and see the connection information.

Any chance you might want to send me the shell of what you've done?
If so, I could then combine it with what I've done here and have a
pretty nice little kludge, although querying the database would have
to be done a different way I suppose.

The big concern that I have is security of the database connection
data (username/password, etc.); that's why I ended up using a META
tag. Any thoughts on another way to do it that didn't require
embedding the connection information inside the widget?

Thanks,

bob at longtermsolutions.com

   CONTACT US VIA INSTANT MESSAGING:
      AIM or iChat: longterm1954