[FX.php List] Help With Syntax

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Fri Feb 2 16:33:14 MST 2007

Forgive my ignorance here, but does "require("FX/FX.php")" work
equally well as "include_once("FX/FX.php")?

You can also return an error code in the last line, which may help;
if you're getting a parse error, it was probably because of the lack
of the semicolon in the last line of your code.

Also, in my code, I always specify the extension of the database file
too, so it reads "od.fp7":

  <?php
include_once("FX.php");
$serverIPAddress = '66.153.148.215';
$currentDatabase = 'od.fp7';
$InstanceName = new FX($serverIPAddress, "591");
$InstanceName->SetDBData($currentDatabase, "od");
$InstanceName->SetDBPassword("odsports","Admin");
$InstanceName->AddDBParam('od', "od", 'eq');
$ReturnedData = $InstanceName->FMFind();
echo $ReturnedData['errorCode'];

?>

Also, are you sure that PHP is running on the web server? Have you
tried a page with

<?php
phpinfo();
?>

That'll at least tell you that PHP is running, and what version
you're running (as well as a ton of other info). Forgive me if I'm
telling you something you already know...

bob at longtermsolutions.com

   CONTACT US VIA INSTANT MESSAGING:
      AIM or iChat: longterm1954
      Yahoo: longterm_solutions