[FX.php List] intermittent speed issues with fx.php and FMSA 9

Andy Walz andywalz at wildernessinquiry.org
Sun Dec 30 10:59:38 MST 2007

I'm new to the world of fx.php and FMSA 9 but am now supporting a
fairly extensive website that uses both.  For the most part the site
works great---even dynamic pages that display content using complex
finds and sorts load in less than 3 seconds. On what seems to be
random occasions (that happen slightly too often!) I find the site
slowed to a crawl rendering it almost useless.  At these times, pages
that normally take 1 or 2 seconds to load take 12,15, 30 seconds or
sometimes even several minutes.  During these slow-downs the only
thing out of the ordinary that I can find is that when I look at the
list of connected clients in FMSA 9 there are between 4 and 20
"webuser" clients (the account our fx uses) listed as connected with
connect times sometimes more than an hour old.  When I forcefully
disconnect the stagnant webuser clients (or restart the server
entirely) the speed of the site returns.

Have any of you experienced anything like this?  Any ideas as how I
might find the source of this issue and/or prevent it?

Is there anyway to set a timeout for XML connections in the same way
that you can set a session timeout for FM Instant Web Publishing?

Thanks in advance,
Andy Walz

Serving people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities on shared outdoor
experiences throughout the world. Visit us online at
http://www.wildernessinquiry.org

Andrew Walz, Program Director
Wilderness Inquiry
808 14th Ave SE,