[FX.php List] [Off] Not a valid path - for scheduled backups

Troy Meyers tcmeyers at troymeyers.com
Thu Dec 13 10:42:38 MST 2007

Just an update on my problem... it's gone.

FMI wasn't able to reproduce the problem where a FireWire-connected hard drive would come up as "Not a valid path" after rebooting the FMS9A machine. If you recall, the paths became valid and backups could occur only if I manually stopped then started Server using the FileMaker Server Admin Console. This needed to be done after every reboot or power-up for backups to be able to occur.

We just changed our FMS9A from a single-machine deployment to a two-machine deployment. The "not valid path" problem immediately went away. Perhaps FMI was testing for the bug on a two-machine deployment.

I'm not sure how changing the deployment could produce this happy outcome, but I'll take it!

-Troy