[FX.php List] Troubleshooting poor performance and intermittent time outs

Michael Layne fx at 9degrees.com
Wed Dec 12 15:46:32 MST 2007

Layouts in FM is often the reason for unreasonable performance... your
layouts should be VERY simple (if there is a UI for users, definitely
use a different layout)

1. As few fields as possible
2. no calc fields on that layout if you can help it (can cause big
slowdowns)
3. no summary fields (i.e. anything that has to re-evaluate.)

I had a similar problem on a project.  switched to all fields on the
layout being text, etc.  Improved performance 100%.  not saying this
is necessarily the problem, but it won't hurt to lok there.

HTH,

Michael