[FX.php List] PHP Notices OK?

Jonathan Schwartz jschwartz at exit445.com
Wed Dec 12 12:08:58 MST 2007

Folks,

Thanks for all your valuable perspective.

I'd like to kick this discussion up a notch,
hopefully for the benefit of the fx.php community.

Since joining this list, I've been learning
lessons from fellow fx.php members (thank you)
about fundamentals one at a time as a problem is
encountered.  The order and completeness of
gaining knowledge seems to be determined by the
circumstance of a given task or project.

Is anyone up for starting a Best Practices
List/Guide/Do's and Don't List/etc  to help
establish the standards and practices that we
should be at least aware of , if not following?

For example, in the case of this current thread
about Notices, I would have been practicing
better coding earlier if I recognized that this
was a fundamental .

I realize that something like this sounds
daunting and *could* get out of control, but I'm
willing to start it...with Chris' OK, of course.

Is anyone else interested?

Regards,

Jonathan