[FX.php List] PHP Notices OK?

Steve Winter steve at bluecrocodile.co.nz
Wed Dec 12 09:15:33 MST 2007

Hi Jonathan,

Well I guess that one is rather 'up to the conscience of the individual
church goer' ;-)

For me, personally, no, it's not acceptable, as it means that something
isn't 100% correct, which means you can't be 100% sure that when it runs on
a client server, or you move it from one server to another, that it will
still behave correctly...

My staging server has every level of error reporting possible turned on, and
when that gives no messages, notices, errors, or unexpected twitches, then I
feel reasonably sure that my code will run at the very least, on similar
versions of PHP, if not on all...

My 2p worth...

Cheers
Steve