[FX.php List] Bad apostrophe character confounds FMP

Tim 'Webko' Booth tim at nicheit.com.au
Tue Dec 11 15:00:09 MST 2007

On 11/12/2007, at 11:59 PM, VanBuskirk, Patricia wrote:

> I went to that validator site for one of my forms and had several of
> the
> following type errors.  The list it is referencing is pulled directly
> from a FMP value list.  Many of them came up with red x's which I'm
> assuming is a critical error.  Short of changing the entire database
> (this list pulls from an Oracle database), is there a way to fix this?
>
> Line 1064, Column 49: reference to entity "MICROSCOPY" for which no
> system identifier could be generated.
>                <option>COM129-ANATOMY&MICROSCOPY LABS (D09) - 313 WEST
> STADIUM DRIVE

It's not a critical error that will stop the page working, but it is
technically invalid markup - the & symbol is used as the marker for a
html entity (eg, &copy; for the copyright symbol, &nbsp; for the non-
breaking space

In this case, it should be &amp; which will be displayed as a & on-
screen.

Cheers

Webko