[FX.php List] Bad apostrophe character confounds FMP

Steve Winter steve at bluecrocodile.co.nz
Mon Dec 10 15:09:22 MST 2007

Hi Jonathan,

They do have to be first, but they don't generate output to the browser...

The very first thing which must be sent to the browser (as opposed to code
in the page) is the DOCTYPE declaration... In some files I have hundreds of
lines of php code before the DOCTYPE, it just needs to be the very first
thing that goes to the browser, so any php code you like can be before it...

One thing that you might find useful in this regard is to download and
install FireFox, along with the HTML Validator Add-on.. this provides you
with a list of all the errors, from a web-standards perspective, which occur
on your pages... the aim being zero... ;-)

Cheers
Steve