[FX.php List] Re: Can't get web server to connect

Kevin Becker kbecker at treca.org
Mon Dec 10 10:19:17 MST 2007

fx.php_list at mail.iviking.org on Monday, December 10, 2007 at 10:52 AM
-0500 wrote:
>Message: 9
>Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 08:50:37 -0600
>From: Nick Trenary <trenaryn at crlibrary.org>
>Subject: [FX.php List] Can't get web server to connect
>To: "FX.php Discussion List" <fx.php_list at mail.iviking.org>
>
>I'm upgrading from FMServer 5.5 to FMServer 9.0v2 and have hit a snag.
>I have two web servers in my dmz and the FMServer is in the inside
>interface on my firewall.  I have opened port 80 on the inside interface
>for both web servers to the FMServer.  In my php code I have renamed by
>databases to database.fp7 and added the necessary username and password
>line:

Hi Nick,

Not sure if this is the answer, but we upgraded from Server 8 to 9
recently and had a similar problem with the FM Server and the Web Engine
sitting on two computers on different parts of the network.  I'm not a
network guy so I won't pretend to know the right technical terms here.

The solution ended up being the DNS addresses that we were using.  Make
sure your Web Engine computer uses the same DNS addresses that the FM
Server is using.

Kevin Becker