[FX.php List] Bad apostrophe character confounds FMP

Jonathan Schwartz jschwartz at exit445.com
Mon Dec 10 08:51:06 MST 2007

Ok...that didn't quite work.

I put the UTF encoding statement on a couple of
likely pages in the solution and the offending
character still came in from the FMP record and
ended up causing FMP to fail upon trying to
create a new record with the data.  (I'm leaving
the bad character in the original record until
the issue is fixed).

By the way, the character does look like an
apostrophe, but not the same as other apostrophes.

With the UTF statement in, what exactly should
happen when a bad character is encountered?

For reference, the ages with  UTF statement:
	1) Login (bring in FMP record)
	2) Contact (Edit original FMP record)
	3) Review before creating new record
	... (create record page has no html)