[FX.php List] Re: [Off] Leopard and FMP 9.02 window activation

Tim 'Webko' Booth tim at nicheit.com.au
Tue Dec 4 15:01:01 MST 2007

> Hi Troy
>
> People have reported similar problems (losing correct/expected
> window focus in Leopard) on FileMaker's TechNet &/or FBA lists.
> Some have guessed that it's connected to Spaces.  I believe at least
> one person said this was a Leopard issue, not specific to FMP, and
> they'd seen it in at least one other app.

There was a decent sized thread during mid-Nov on this, and it is
believed to be more Spaces related than FM specific, but FM seems to
be an app that triggers the issue more frequently.

One of the contributors found a workaround was to restart the Dock
(which restarts Spaces):

Samuel Herschbein wrote:
I wrote a one-line AppleScript app to restart the Dock, which restarts
Spaces.  This cures a bunch of window senility.  It has a very minor
caveat: restarting the Dock changes the order of the icons.

It's free, download it at:
http://www.SamIsIT.com/restartspaces.zip

HTH

Webko