[FX.php List] Slipping in and out of error 802 RESOLVED

Jonathan Schwartz jschwartz at exit445.com
Mon Dec 3 17:50:28 MST 2007

OK. I just spent an ENTIRE DAY tracking down the source of this flaky problem.

As mentioned earlier, I has installed a second machine to off-load
the FMPSA from the web server. I had installed FMSA on the second
(faster) machine a couple of weeks ago and was in the process of
moving files over from one system to the other.

I don't know what set things off, but somehow, the first FMSA machine
started talking to the second FMSA machine and they agreed to wreack
havoc.  The machines are next to each other on the same subnet.

If there has been a total shutdown, that would have been easy to
find.  However, the result was in intermittent 802 error on the
original machines... the one that still housed the log file.  When I
looked into the config for machine 1 FMSA, it showed the web engine
from machine 2. Ooops.

To resolve, I went ahead and just moved all the FMP files from
machine 1 to machine 2...and had the pleasure of having to go through
each php solution and change the hard-coded IP address of the FX
instances in all the files. Arghh.

I just learned the benefits of using $serverIP in server_data without fail.

Does anyone take it one step more, by having $serverIP point to a
single definition somewhere?

Hope this helps the next person.

Jonathan
--