[FX.php List] Re: IWP vs CWP

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Sat Dec 1 17:48:39 MST 2007

Frank,

I second those who have recommended you steer clear of IWP. Although
it works in some in-house Intranet situations, you'll probably find it
too slow and too clunky for use for most people. I host some IWP
solutions for clients who seem to be okay with it, but the compromises
they have to make, combined with the sluggish response time, make it a
impossible for me to recommend to my clients.

There are some issues with clients taking their time or pausing while
in an IWP solution; FM servers are set to drop an IWP client after 5
minutes or so of inactivity, and this often causes clients to get
dropped off before they finish a registration or other process. In
fact, I just finished rewriting an IWP site in PHP, because too many
survey participants were dropped in the middle of the survey process.

Good luck with your project,

bob at longtermsolutions.com

   CONTACT US VIA INSTANT MESSAGING:
      AIM or iChat: longterm1954
      Yahoo: longterm_solutions
      MSN: tech at longtermsolutions.com
      ICQ: 159333060

Contact us for FileMaker hosting for all versions of FileMaker
PHP • CDML • Full email services • Free DNS hosting • Colocation •
Consulting