[FX.php List] Performance hit for unpopulated fields on layouts?

Jonathan Schwartz jschwartz at exit445.com
Fri Aug 24 20:43:19 MDT 2007

Hi Folks,

I'm working on a project where I will allow clients to build their
own fx.php powered web pages by having them selecting from a list of
available fmp fields in a database.  In order to provide flexibility,
there might be twice as many fields on a layout than the user might
select.  The system will then build the fx.php page from the selected
fields. The unused fields would remain on the layout.

The question I have is regarding the performance hit.  If the unused
fields remain on the layout, but stay unpopulated (no data), would
the performance suffer?

Just out of curiosity, would this same scenario cause a problem in MySQL?

Thanks,

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Schwartz