[FX.php List] Approach to User initiated mass mail capability

Troy Meyers tcmeyers at troymeyers.com
Fri Aug 17 09:20:40 MDT 2007

Alex,

We do that. Our customers individually sign up to be notified when certain species are available from us, and each time we have a new offering, several hundred emails go out, and this happens a few times a day. Yesterday, for example, we sent out 5579 emails.

Our ISP is speakeasy.net. There's no problem sending that many. Occasionally a _recipient's_ ISP might decide it's spam and block stuff from our address (AOL has done this), but if I report it to Speakeasy they touch bases with the ISP and then it's OK.

-Troy