[FX.php List] Problem with text formatting

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Wed Aug 15 10:47:22 MDT 2007

Well, what happened was that if I used his Shift_JIS meta-tag, FX.php
showed a 958 error when I tried to create a new record; I had solved
it by switching to UTF-8. Last night, thanks to Joel Shapiro, I used
the utf_encode() function to leave the form page in shift_JIS, and
then take the POST data and put it into UTF-8 so that FX.php and
FileMaker could deal with it.

Working in foreign languages other than French is new for me; I had
to take 12-15 forms that the client, which are all in Japanese, and
write the code to pull the data into FM records. It's interesting
seeing the HTML in Japanese, although the underlying HTML is in
English...

Fortunately, FileMaker behaves well with the inputted data.

bob at longtermsolutions.com

   CONTACT US VIA INSTANT MESSAGING:
      AIM or iChat: longterm1954
      Yahoo: longterm_solutions