[FX.php List] Problem with text formatting

Joel Shapiro jsfmp at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 14 18:47:52 MDT 2007

Hey Bob

There was a thread on TechTalk a while back ("Encoded characters in
fx-php") with a solution they finally found for their problem.  Don't
know if this would help you:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The solution, when writing a field to FileMaker that may include
funny characters, is to utf8_encode() the value before writing it.

Thus:
$query->AddDBParam('fieldname', utf8_encode($value));

The FX function SetDataParamsEncoding() sounds like it's supposed to
accomplish the proper encoding of the value to be passed to FileMaker
but doesn't appear to help in this situation.

Hope this helps - I've read on the web that a lot of other people
have reported this same problem.

HTH,
-Joel