[FX.php List] Re: Not a valid path - for scheduled backups

John Lannon jlannon at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 12:14:31 MDT 2007

Hi Troy,

Filemaker Server is strict about paths to backup folders. The proper format
for the path to your backup folder should be:

filemac:/VolumeName/FolderName

On Windows, substitute filewin for filemac.

Perhaps your external Volume (firewire drive) is not properly mounted? The
external Volume should be visible on your Desktop, or at least, it should be
listed in your /Volumes directory (if you're comfortable with the Terminal,
fire it up, cd to /Volumes, then ls to make sure that your external volume
is mounted).

if your external volume is called "Lacie Disk" and the backup folder on your
external volume is called "Backups", your valid path should read:

filemac:/Lacie Disk/Backups/

Make sure you have a trailing slash in place. If you've verified the above
and it's still not working, there's likely some sort of I/O issue with your
external drive.

Hope that's of some help.

Regards,
John