[FX.php List] Populating a global field

Chris Hansen chris at iViking.org
Tue Aug 7 10:12:04 MDT 2007

Right.  Globals have always worked, but their contents can only be
used for the current query.  Once the data comes back, the global is
wiped, and future connections will have to reset the field.  As Dale
says, if you need to store persistent information, use PHP sessions.

--Chris Hansen
   FileMaker 8 Certified Developer
   FileMaker 7 Certified Developer
   Creator of FX.php
   "The best way from FileMaker to the Web."
   www.iViking.org