[FX.php List] Strange FX behavior

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Mon Apr 30 22:31:29 MDT 2007

I'm working on a project for a client who has a nightmare set of
databases that she wrote in FM3 and has now converted to 8.5. There
are somewhere over 4000 fields in one of the 24 database files; to
say that it's a mess is a major understatement.

At any rate, I'm trying to return 15 fields after a simple query; I
created a layout, wrote the simple little query, and the query
returns the appropriate record.

However, no matter what I've done, I can't make FX return a few of
the fields; the field names are simple: 'analyst' is one, and
'asset_manager' is another. I even created a new layout just to see
if that would make any difference. I can see that the returned record
has the same recid as the record in the db...

So is there anything that would make a query NOT return all the
fields in a database? Could it be the huge # of fields? Only 15 are
on this layout; the missing fields are present on the layout, the
spelling is consistent in database and PHP page...

I'm totally at a loss; I wonder if these databases are just too
bloated and goofy... any thoughts?

Thanks,

bob at longtermsolutions.com

   CONTACT US VIA INSTANT MESSAGING: