[FX.php List] str_replace " in $lookupResult ?

Alex Gates alex at gandrpublishing.com
Mon Apr 30 21:34:21 MDT 2007

Greetings everyone-
I was hoping someone could help me with my latest head-scratcher.

I'm trying to send the results of a find to another page in a hidden field
via POST.

But, I'm having problems when a double quote is in one of the fields in
my result.  My HTML thinks I am ending the value of my hidden field.

When I use single quotes around my value like:

<input type="hidden" name="recipes" value='<?php
print_r($fixedlookuprecipesResult); ?>' />

Something like, for example, half 'n half will end my value after the '

If I use double quotes around my value like:
<input type="hidden" name="recipes" value="<?php
print_r($fixedlookuprecipesResult); ?>" />

Then something like cut into 1" thick slices will end my value after the "

I thought the answer lies with a str_replace, but I can't seem to get it to
work even though it is apparently possible to use an array as the subject in
a str_replace.

With this find:

	$lookuprecipes=new FX($serverIP,$webCompanionPort,'FMPro7');
	$lookuprecipes->SetDBData('myDB.fp7','myLayout', 'all');
	$lookuprecipes->SetDBPassword('xxxxxxx','xxxxx');
	$lookuprecipesResult=$lookuprecipes->FMFindAll();

I've tried:

	$fixedlookuprecipesResult = str_replace("' ", "/' ",
$lookuprecipesResult);

And:

	$fixedlookuprecipesResult = str_replace('" ', '/" ',
$lookuprecipesResult);

Nothing has worked.

I'm assuming this doesn't work because, perhaps, it isn't looking "deep"
into the array - but, for example, searching $lookuprecipesResult['Recipe
Ingredients'] gives me an undefined index error.

Am I missing something obvious here?
Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Alex