[FX.php List] Folder path?

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Mon Apr 23 06:56:52 MDT 2007

I have to question the access speed though; I use Digidesign ProTools
all the time, which is the most predominant digital audio recording
software in the world. In my studio, and in most of those that I see,
we use external Firewire and USB-2 drives, without any trouble; it's
accessing the drive far more often than FMSA does, and has no
problems with external drives.

I tend to believe that the problem with using an external drive has
something to do with security restrictions imposed by OS X this in
this most recent security update, because that's when the ability to
use an external drive seems to have been prevented.

I also agree that the speed difference between a slower Mac Mini's
internal HD and an external 7200 RPM USB-2 might be negligible, but
now we'll never know... :)

Interesting discussion though!