[FX.php List] Accepting user input on multiple records simultaneously

Jonathan Schwartz jonathan at exit445.com
Sun Apr 22 19:40:02 MDT 2007

Hi Folks,

This is a common one...but one that I have yet to attempt:

I'd like to be able to allow users to select a checkbox from multiple
lines (records) (displayed on the screen using a foreach after a
search), and then subsequently process the selected records.  A good
example: a web  app where the user would select desired records for
comparison.

Up to this point, I've worked with just single record updates.

So.....How?

Soo...as I write this, I am realizing that our friend, the array, is
probably needed here.
	- Display the original search result with foreach.
	- Allow user to check boxes in one big form.
	- Process the form, pushing "checked" record IDs into an array.
	- Allow user to navigate to other pages in the listing,
collecting "checked boxes" as in in above.
	- Upon clicking a master "Do It" button, run through the
array and perform an FMP search for just those records....but can't
do that because FX.php can't search for multiple record IDs in a
search.

Hmmmm....

Any suggestions?

Thanks