[FX.php List] About scripts

Andrew Denman adenman at tmea.org
Tue Sep 26 08:40:31 MDT 2006

Jonathan,

If I read that correctly, it sounds like you could just create portals to
the Households, Parents, and Students tables on a layout displaying Family
records.  When you call this layout via FX.php you will see the data from
these related tables.  The trick is getting the recids for editing the
related records, but a calc field in FileMaker that you put on the layout
should do the trick.

Doing it this way, you don't have to create fields in your Family table for
all of the data in the related tables.  It's already there - why duplicate
it?

Andrew Denman