[FX.php List] RE: Best Practice

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Wed Sep 20 12:48:07 MDT 2006

No, but this is just a test machine, and with a database with 20
records in it, the hard drive speed is irrelevant for my tests, in my
opnion. I've been hosting FileMaker-enabled websites for almost 7
years, and what I'm seeing has nothing to do with disk speed. This is
a function of the amount of text I'm trying to return.

For what it's worth, the machine I'm testing on is used for digital
audio and was put together by a tech who puts in SATA drives as
specified by the company that makes the digital recording software
that I use (I'm also a studio musician). So I suspect it's the
fastest SATA drive he could find...

We've managed to beat this topic to death... thanks everyone...