[FX.php List] Best Practice

Michael Layne fx at 9degrees.com
Wed Sep 20 12:32:53 MDT 2006

It definitely effects things.  Not just the quantity of fields on a
layout, but at times, more importantly, calculated fields.  I have
done many tests - some on some sizable databases, and if you set text
fields to a calculated result (for testing purposes...), and place
just the 'text' fields on your specified layout, it will be faster.
Can be much faster.

I always have one layout for fetching results(list) (name, email,
phone), then another for details (...those... + address, birthday,
notes, etc., etc.)

HTH,

Michael

On Sep 20, 2006, at 2:02 PM, Bob Patin wrote:

> Much more. The full reports are a lot more than that.
>

> On Sep 20, 2006, at 12:59 PM, Gjermund Gusland Thorsen wrote:
>
>> How much HTML is there? more than 65535 characters?
>>
>> ggt667

Michael Layne  |  9 degrees development  |  www.9degrees.com  |
404.226.7835  |   Skype: LayneBay