[FX.php List] Comparing Value from Portal Field to Field Value

DC dan.cynosure at dbmscan.com
Tue Sep 19 13:51:04 MDT 2006

Hi Kim,

Two ideas:

if you can modify FMP database...
1) make a relationship that keys on the date fields you are trying to
compare, then use that relationship in a new portal and you will
always only have matching records so no PHP matching necessary.

if you want to do it in PHP for some reason...
2) every FX 'data' result returns an array for every field on the
layout. for consistency, even simple, non-related and non-repeating
fields return an array - as you know - with just one value at key 0.
related fields that would show up in a portal in FMP layout with
multiple records return an array (with multiple values if there are
multiple related records) through FX. so in order to deal with them
in PHP matching tasks you have to deal with the entire array either
using in_array() or a comparison in a foreach().

HTH,
dan