[FX.php List] Can't make FX work: Don't connect somehow!

R. Stephen Gracey sgracey at dohio.org
Thu Sep 14 14:06:08 MDT 2006

Hello, Everyone-
First timer, here. I've been working at this all day, and I'm having no
luck.
Here's the set up:

1. Server: FMPro5.5, "10.1.1.156:8080"
2. When I issue a direct request to the web companion (e.g.,
http://10.1.1.156:8080/fmpro?-format=-fmp_xml
<http://10.1.1.156:8080/fmpro?-format=-fmp_xml&-dbnames> &-dbnames), I
get the expected XML format back.
3. When I put that in a php file, and call it from the web server, it
works fine, as well.
4. When I try to use FX, I get nothing. With the demo files, I always
get "no records." If I use "fmpro5/6" as the data source type, I get a
blank page, unless I write it as "fmpro5\/6".

For example, here is a php file to accomplish the same thing as the
direct request:
            <?php

                        include ("FX.php");

                        $request = new FX("10.1.1.156", 8080,
'fmpro5\/6'); // I have to put the escape slash in to get the page to
run and not be blank
                        $result = $request->FMDBNames();

                        echo "<pre>";
                        print_r($result);
                        echo "</pre>";

            ?>

And here's what I get back:

Array
(
    [data] => Array
        (
        )

    [linkNext] =>
    [linkPrevious] => /FX/show_w_fx.php?skip=0&
    [foundCount] => -1
    [fields] => Array
        (
        )

    [URL] =>
    [query] =>
    [errorCode] => No Action Taken
    [valueLists] => Array
        (
        )

)

I don't know what to try next.Is it a firewall issue?

Stephen

R. Stephen Gracey
Bishop's Assistant for Information Strategy
Deputy L4
Episcopal Diocese of Ohio
sgracey at dohio.org
http://www.dohio.org