[FX.php List] Getting floating point numbers through FX

Erik Andreas Cayré erik at cayre.dk
Tue Oct 31 16:09:29 MST 2006

Den 31/10/2006 kl. 23.49 skrev Kevin Futter:

> On 1/11/06 9:32 AM, "Erik Andreas Cayré" <erik at cayre.dk> wrote:
>
>> I still have this problem...
>>
>> Den 01/10/2006 kl. 18.19 skrev Gjermund Gusland Thorsen:
>>
>>> Where did you get the coma "," ?
>>
>> In the array output from FX.
>>
>> I have a number field in FM containing numbers like ",7", ",32" etc.
>> They are formatted in FM as percent, so they are shown as "70%",
>> "32%" etc.
>>

>>> My FMSA outputs period "." as decimal separator
>>
>> I tried some settings on the layout used by FX, but it didn't change
>> anything.
>>
>> So:
>> -does the WPE treat all fields as strings?
>> -or is it FX?
>> -can PHP use a comma as decimal point (using local settings?)?
>> -does "Use system formats" have any influence on CWP?
>
> The WPE has no choice but to treat all fields as strings - it's XML
> after
> all.

Good point!

So it's a Filemaker thing...

Does anyone else have a solution besides doing all sorts of string
manipulation in PHP?

Maybe I should submit a bug report/feature request to FMI...

---
Erik Andreas Cayré
Spangsbjerg Møllevej 169
DK-6705 Esbjerg Ø

Home Tel: +45 75150512
Mobile: +45 40161183

»If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.«
-- Albert Einstein

»If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do
it over?«
-- John Wooden, basketball coach