[FX.php List] Combining checkbox values to write to a single FMfield

Derrick Fogle derrick at fogles.net
Mon Oct 30 12:58:33 MST 2006

All my stuff - servers and authoring environment - is OSX. I've found
that when dealing with FMP and FX.php, \r alone is what translates
into a pilcrow in FileMaker; using \n doesn't produce the pilcrow.
Furthermore, I've found that my configuration returns picrows as \n -
not \r. So if I get something out of FMP that I need to retain
pilcrows and send back, I've got to

$instance ->AddDBParam("FieldName" , str_replace("\n", "\r",
$DataFromFXphp ) );

...if I stuff data back into FMP.

This seems crazy, and I'd be surprised if other people's setups are
doing this, but mine sure is. It's not hard to test to verify what
works correctly for you, then stick with that.