[FX.php List] [OT] FMP question

Steve Winter steve at bluecrocodile.co.nz
Sat Oct 28 23:36:35 MDT 2006

Hi,

This is really an FMP 8 question, and it's probably pretty simple, but it's
doing my head in on a Sunday afternoon...

In my database I wish to script a 'find'. Back in FMP 6, my script steps
would have been;

enter find mode
set field sessionID = globalData::currentSession
perform find

Now in FMP 8 that doesn't seem to work... and I've been trying to figure out
how to do the same thing in the 'find builder', I can say 'find records'
okay, and then select my field sessionID which I wish to search against,
however I seem to only be able to enter static text into the criteria space,
not a reference to the related field...??

Is it just that I've been at this too long, on a sunny Sunday afternoon...?
or am I missing something very simple..??

Thanks
Steve