[FX.php List] Combining checkbox values to write to a single FM field

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Thu Oct 26 15:15:35 MDT 2006

I know this has to be simple...

I've got a form where there are 19 possible checkboxes, all of which
need to write to a single field in FileMaker. I've pulled values into
the form without any trouble (I use strpos to do this, might not be
the easiest, but it works); to write back to the database with edited
data, I need to combine my values

$feature1
$feature2
$feature3

I tried doing this

$feature = $feature1.'\n'.$feature2.'\n'.$feature3;

but that doesn't give me

Value 1
Value 2
Value 3

which is what FileMaker wants to see. What do I need to put between
my variables to concatenate them properly? I've tried using '<br>'
but that doesn't work either.

I know this is simple, but my brain can't grok it...

Thanks,

bob at longtermsolutions.com

   CONTACT US VIA INSTANT MESSAGING:
      AIM or iChat: longterm1954