[FX.php List] Project Results

Jonathan Schwartz jonathan at eschwartz.com
Wed Oct 25 17:23:22 MDT 2006

I want to thank the folks on this list for the help and support
generously provided during the development of my recent FX.php
project, an online Student and Family Directory for the local school
district.  The project was successfully launched...not without a few
bumps along the way...and is already nearing the end of its short
online life.

Thought that you might enjoy seeing some of the unsolicited user
comments that were returned, due in part to the improvements made via
the list's help.  Hopefully, you won't think that this is too
self-serving:

THE GOOD:
"Kudos on your-self guided directory information check.
It was a pleasure reviewing the information. It's clear, intuitive and
quick. Thank you for your work!"

"Congratulations on this system. It's flat out brilliant. Great use of simple
architecture and navigation to get what you need quickly and easily. Sounds
so simple yet so many fail."

"The directory updating experience was fast, fun and efficient.
Thanks for another great ***** School experience. Keep up the hard
work--it shows!"

"WOW!  I'm really impressed with how easy it was to update our Directory
listing.  A big thank you to you and Jonathan!"

THE BAD:
"I'm sorry, but I can't get the new grades to stick for my children.
I've put in the new grades and clicked on refresh (3 times over), but
they still come up incorrect.  What am I doing wrong?"
(Ed: Hmmm...there isn't an option to edit those fields. Wonder what
they were thinking?)

"I kept getting stuck on Step 5!"
(Ed: That's when the server crashed on Day 1.  Presently upgrading the system)

THE UGLY:
"I keep trying and Jonathan even reset my name and password but i can't get
into the directory to edit it. I've tried more than 15 times. It simply
keeps me at the first log in step 1"
(Ed: Think I need to work on Cookies/Sessions, and how to handle the
process when browsers don't accept them)

As you can see, there is still much to learn. New project is right
around the corner... ;-)

Jonathan

--

Jonathan Schwartz