[FX.php List] Begins With versus EQ

Scott Baetz sbaetz at soscs.net
Fri Oct 20 12:54:50 MDT 2006

All,

When using the FMFind() function, I'm encountering an odd error.  For
quite some time, I've understood that to generate query results with
EXPLICIT = results, one should add to their query something like...

$pointer->AddDBParam('field',$value,'eq');

And this appears to work great.

However, I've encountered an odd problem, that I'm certain someone can
point out a solution for... Please...

I currently have a situation when I want the results to remain EXPLICIT
yet OR'd.  As an example...

$pointer->AddDBParam('field',$value1,'eq');
$pointer->AddDBParam('field',$value2,'eq');
$pointer->AddDBParam('-lop','or');

I'm expecting to get all results from the table that have field = to
either $value1, or $value2.  However, I'm now getting all results that
BEGIN with the values of $value1 and $value2...

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance..

--
Scott Baetz
SOS Computer Services
sbaetz at soscs.net
(603) 490-9988

****** CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE ******
NOTICE: This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it may contain legally privileged and confidential information intended solely for the use of the addressee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reading, dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message from your system. Thank you.