[FX.php List] Finally- I got check boxes to work

FHASELTINE at aol.com FHASELTINE at aol.com
Thu Oct 19 17:00:17 MDT 2006

I finally got checkboxes to be easily editable on the web;
I had to add field variables in 3 different places;
I am coding for grants and an example of one coding is for a grant called
"nih"

First In my data base:
I have a field called 'nih'   that can only have nothing in the field or the
 word "checked".

In my php editing   page I code the check off box like this:
"<input type="checkbox" name="nih" value="checked" <?php
echo($findrecordData['nih'][0]);?>>"

-----
"<?php echo($findrecordData['nih'][0]);?>"   This coding puts the word
"checked" into the input field when my Filemaker field is selected" The word checked
in that postion tells the check box to appear checked.

------
On my Edit php page I code this way
"$findrecord -> AddDBParam('nih',$_POST['nih']); "

I then do some fancier stuff so that it is a pretty display but that is the
basic coding.
Since I had to do it for 19 different types of grants, i simply made some
short pieces of coding in a file and use the "<?php include('file.inc'); ?php>"

the coding is neat and orderly