[FX.php List] Does any of you use MAMP

Rob H. Christensen robhelleshoj at tiscali.dk
Tue Oct 10 12:26:22 MDT 2006

Hi,

Some weeks ago the hard disk in the computer I use for development chose to
quit. It did not even allow me to take the data from it. Bad guy!.

I took another Mac to continue my development and decided to format and
reinstall everything.

I use MAMP to have the possibility to do my work in php4 and to experiment
in php 5 without so much fuss. It worked on the "old" (or should I say
older) Mac, but after moving to the other (old) Mac I can´t get FX to
function in any way. The Apache server works fine (part of MAMP) and I can
see my starting page, which contains html including a form to log in, but
nothing seems to work.

The site works fine on the server from where it is published, and I copied
it with all files and everything to my "new" server.

When I try to open one of the many docs, which come with FX I keep running
into errors I do not understand.

The book list demo page  gives an array with information  like

[message] => FX: ExecuteQuery XML error: syntax error at line 1

Other files give errors around
string conversion,
argument expected to be a string,
or
[message] => FX: cURL could not retrieve Post data in RetrieveFM7Data(). A
bad URL is the most likely reason.

On the Mac, which chose to retire itself I had changed the Document Root of
Apache in MAMP to be the same as the "normal"  on a mac
Library/WebServer/Documents. I had to make several changes to allow this,
but the site functioned from there.
This time I chose to use the Document Root standard to MAMP and fully go
around the preinstalled Apache folders.

But why does the site not work in a "proper" setup, while it does in a
"forced one?"

Rob

Sometimes the easiest way is the most troublesome...