[FX.php List] Bug in XML output of FMSA

Stephen Knight stephen at fmwebschool.com
Fri Nov 17 11:03:12 MST 2006

Greetings everyone :)

The FMWebschool team has found a bug in the XML output of FMSA v8.04 (and
probably earlier), causing the -scriptnames action to return a result set
with all record ids and modification ids set to 0. Therefore only the last
script comes through in the data array with the key of " 0.0". To solve
this, I have added a simple check for duplicate keys which adds a sequential
"-1,-2,-3" values to the key, causing the second key to be "0.0-1".

To replicate the bug:
- create two scripts inside the database
- call $fx->FMScriptNames();

Replace the following line:
                $this->currentRecord = $recordid . '.' . $modid;
with:
                $this->currentRecord = $recordid . '.' . $modid;
                if(isset($this->currentData[$this->currentRecord])) {
                    //Fix for identical record ids / mod ids due to an FM
bug which returns 0.0 for all entries in -scriptnames
                    $i =1;

while(isset($this->currentData[$this->currentRecord."-{$i}"])) {
                        $i++;
                    }
                    $this->currentRecord .= "-{$i}";
                }