[FX.php List] Problem with moving some text

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Tue Nov 7 13:50:58 MST 2006

I'm trying to do the following:

Take text from a variable, use a GET form to move this variable
content (called "$body") into a form textarea field so it can be edited.

So here's the scenario:

The text is displayed on the screen in a table; it may or may not
contain quotes and apostrophes.

I put a little GET form on the screen with nothing but a couple of
hidden fields and a SUBMIT button. This form takes the displayed text
(which is in "$body") and puts it into a hidden field which I call
"quoted".

Then the form calls the same page, which does this

$quoted = $_GET['body'];

and then I want to plug $quoted into a field so that it can be edited
or quoted.

The problem is this: if $quoted contains any quotation marks or
single-quotes, it gets truncated. So instead of seeing this:

The car is a "blue" car

I see this instead:

The car is a

in the text edit field.

How do I pass this text into a hidden field, and then put it into a
textarea field, so that all of it is displayed and not truncated?

Thanks,

bob at longtermsolutions.com

   CONTACT US VIA INSTANT MESSAGING:
      AIM or iChat: longterm1954