[FX.php List] FX on FM 8 Server Advanced

Erik Andreas Cayré erik at cayre.dk
Tue Nov 7 08:00:02 MST 2006

Den 07/11/2006 kl. 15.46 skrev mary beth hewa:

> Dale - Sorry to be a newbie but how do you limit your web
> accessible layouts to minimal fields needed for the web interface?

Create a separate layout in FM for each type of query from php. (I
prefix mine with "www-" to easily discern them from regular FM layouts).

Put only those fields on such a layout, which are actually used by
your php script(s). Of course these fields are both the ones you use
for searches, as well as the ones which are displayed on a webpage,
or otherwise manipulated by php.

In addition, make sure you limit your searches to the minimum
required for your application.
The weak link in the FMSA-WPE-FX-apache chain is the XML handling.
WPE generates the XML reply, and FX transforms it into a PHP array.
The amount of data in the XML has a great influence on the
performance of your solution...

hope this helps a little

---
Erik Andreas Cayré
Spangsbjerg Møllevej 169
DK-6705 Esbjerg Ø

Home Tel: +45 75150512
Mobile: +45 40161183

»If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.«
-- Albert Einstein

»If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do
it over?«
-- John Wooden, basketball coach