[FX.php List] get_file_contents() fails on iis

Steve Winter steve at bluecrocodile.co.nz
Sun May 28 06:01:04 MDT 2006

Hi everyone,

This is sort of off topic, as it doesn't exactly relate directly to
FX.php...

I'm trying to use the Ajax style code described at
http://www.phpit.net/article/ajax-php-without-xmlhttprequest/ which will
really help me with a solution I'm trying to develop at present... (which
does use FX.php extensively ;-)

I work in a PC environment (out of my control, don't go there ;-) which
means for FMSA I'm using IIS as the server. I've discovered rather
frustratingly that
    $data = @file_get_contents($url);
from the example above fails on my IIS server...

If I copy the exact same files onto an Apache server running on Win2k, then
they work fine...

I presume it's got something to do with IIS security or...?? I'm a bit of a
newbie when it comes to IIS...I'd never used it till upgrading to FMSA 8 and
essentially being forced to...till this project I've been using FM6U and
FX.php with Apache...

Any thoughts, suggestions or ideas gratefully accepted :-)

Cheers
Steve