[POSSIBLE - SPAM] [FX.php List] How to turn on PHP error reporting on OS X

David Ness dness at bondedbuilders.com
Thu May 4 09:18:12 MDT 2006

William,

Macs are very unusual with regard to the location and presence of the
php.ini file. Google this topic for the answer to finding & setting up
the php.ini file on Macs.

Once that's done...

In your php.ini file, configure your error log settings. Search for
'Log'
I have mine set as follows:

error_reporting  =  E_ALL
display_errors = off
display_startup_errors = Off
log_errors = On
log_errors_max_len = 1024
ignore_repeated_source = Off
error_log = \path to your website directory\phperrorlog.txt

Read the info in the php.ini file for a lot more detail and options,
there are many ways to configure error logging. There are probably many
places you can locate the error log file, and different names you could
call it, of course. Placing the file into my web directory works for me
so I know PHP has the proper permissions to write the file here.

This php error logging has proven to be VERY helpful in cleaning up my
code.

--
David Ness,
FileMaker/PHP Developer