[FX.php List] installation problems Mac OS 10.4.6

Gail Kampmeier gkamp at uiuc.edu
Mon May 1 10:52:56 MDT 2006

I am a newbie to this list, to php in general, and FX.php in
particular.  I keep telling myself that this stuff shouldn't be so
hard to figure out, but frustration has led me to finally ask for
help on what is probably obvious to everyone else... <:-|

I am using FMSA 8.02's developer version sent with a limited license
to develop and test my efforts in bringing multiple databases that
I've been hosting in FMS to the web.  I am using it all (database and
web serving*) on a laptop running Mac OS 10.4.6 that I am accessing
as localhost (personal websharing on) and not currently connecting to
the internet.  This will not be the production server in the long run.

*In Chris' Readme, he states that it was important not to run both
FMP and the webserver from the same IP on early (10.0) Mac OS X, as
it caused a kernel panic for him, but I thought this was probably now
old news with later Mac OS' and FMSA 7 and 8??? unless there is
something special about the FX.php and doing this--no kernel panics
yet for me (tok tok [on wood])

I read with interest the post by Derrick Fogle of Apr 10th that he
had copied the FX folder to /Library/Webserver/Documents/  --for
those of you writing documentation, this was the first time I
understood that this was considered the "root" of my webserver (Mac
Help was no help either).

Anyway, I don't get the type of error message that Derrick got, but I
do get the message that no records were found, and the Show all...
button returns the same message.  I have confirmed with FMS Admin
that the database, Book_List.fp7, is there and open in the Server
Data space.  I had gone into the get info for the file and changed
the groups to "fsadmin" and Read/Write before moving the file to
FMS's Data space. I gave the [full access] a password, leaving
"Admin" as the username; confirmed that the access privileges
included fmxml.

My server_data.php file has the following between the php tags:

$serverIP = '127.0.0.1';
$webCompanionPort = 80;
$dataSourceType = 'FMPro7';
$webUN = 'fmsadmin';
$webPW = 'web1access2';
$scheme = 'http';

and I am not sure what the $webUN and $webPW should match, because
changing them to Admin and test (the full access UN and PW that I
designated for Book_List.fp7 for my purposes) did not work; obviously
there is something fundamental I am missing, and I would appreciate
before my head gets dented further from beating it against the wall
;-), if someone would please point out where I am going wrong.  It is
likely that the UN and PW here are holdovers from the Ultimate Guide
to FileMaker and PHP (from FMWebschool), but without knowing where
these should be coming from, I don't know how to correct them.

In short (OK, not so short ;-)), any help would be appreciated.

Cheers!
Gail