[FX.php List] error 958 parameter missing from query

William Akey wcakey at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 30 14:45:43 MST 2006

Hi All,

I have been getting reported failures of a simple registration form that
creates a new record in a FM 7 database using FX.php. The reported error is
error code 958 which has the description of "parameter missing from query".

The problem is, I have never been able to make the registration process
fail, so I doubt that there is truly a missing parameter. The registration
process works fine for me, whether I fill in all fields on the registration
form or leave it blank -- a record is always written to the database.

To get a bit more information, I set up the confirmation.php page to send me
an email message with all of the user posted data if the query returns a
non-zero error code. One thing I have noted so far is that all of the
reported failures have had strange characters in the posted data. All except
one of the failed registrations has come from international registrants and
the one from the USA registrant also included strange characters.

The only thing I do to the posted data is to use stripslashes() and trim()
to clean it up. Is there something else I should routinely be doing with the
posted data?

I did note that the header of the application form had a setting of
charset=iso-8859-1 and I have since changed that to charset=utf-8.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

William