[FX.php List] Sluggish load time for query... part two...

DC dan.cynosure at dbmscan.com
Tue Mar 21 09:15:24 MST 2006

bob,

you say that you "removed" the fields from the "equation" but that
doesn't really translate into anything as far as FMP is concerned.

here is the real issue with "removing" fields: all data from all fields
on the layout is returned to FX.php as XML which is then processed into
PHP arrays. FX.php converts *everything* it gets from XML into PHP
arrays. So, if you have a field on a filemaker layout (for  example,
your layout '1') FMP returns that data to FX. that is why it is crucial
to remove any fields you don't need from the FMP layout - not just from
the PHP code; "removing" fields from the PHP code does nothing.

Also, I've never seen a layout called '1' before. Is that your name for
it or is there an FX syntax i am not aware of that lets you specify FMP
layouts by number? I recall that in some cases you can specify layout 0
to tell FMP to return all fields in the database. but, you say there are
only 15 fields (and no containers and no calc fields).

try creating a new layout with a real name (not '1' or '2' or '3' - use
letters) and put only the fields you need on it for the query and for
the results.

let us know,
dan

Bob Patin had written: