[FX.php List] Update a field in all related records.

Joel Shapiro jsfmp at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 16 22:22:25 MST 2006

Hi Greg

I'm surprised (pleasantly!) to hear that calling an FM script could
have better performance than having PHP do all the processing.  I've
got a project doing something similar to Joe's task, and I use an FM
script, but I'd thought I was just being lazy and that an "all PHP"
solution would be faster/stronger/more reliable... (and that maybe
I'd get around to switching it someday ;)

Are there any guidelines or 'rules of thumb' about when using a
FileMaker script is preferable to PHP scripting?

Best,
-Joel