[FX.php List] FMSA & container fields

Kevin Futter kfutter at sbc.melb.catholic.edu.au
Thu Jun 22 23:31:04 MDT 2006

Hi all,

We are in the preparatory phase of an impending migration to FM 8 (from 5.5
Server / v6 clients). During testing so far I haven't been able to coax the
WPE to provide me with any images stored in a container field. Perusing
print_r($ReturnedData) tells me that a reference for the container field is
being returned, looking something like this:

/fmi/xml/cnt/data.jpg?-db=testdb.fp7&-lay=Admin&-recid=1&-field=image(1)

And when I populate the HTML img source attribute with
$ReturnedData['data'][$key]['image'][0], it does indeed print the above
reference into the source code. However, I'm still getting no images
displayed. When I try requesting an image from the db directly via the link
[http://serverIP/fmi/xml/cnt/data.jpg?-db=testdb.fp7&-lay=Admin&-recid=1&-fi
eld=image(1)], the fmi cgi engine returns a 404, saying it can't find file
/fmi/xml/cnt/data.jpg.

Needless to say, I'm getting increasingly frustrated with no signs of a
resolution. Has anyone else managed to use FX with FM8 to display images on
a web page? (Just to clarify, the images are stored in the database, not
just a reference to them.)

Thanks,
Kevin

--
Kevin Futter
Webmaster, St. Bernard's College

This e-mail and any attachments may be confidential.  You must not disclose or use the information in this e-mail if you are not the intended recipient.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately and delete the e-mail and all copies.  The College does not guarantee that this e-mail is virus or error free.  The attached files are provided and may only be used on the basis that the user assumes all responsibility for any loss, damage or consequence resulting directly or indirectly from the use of the attached files, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not.  The content and opinions in this e-mail are not necessarily those of the College.